Adjust amounts as needed or wanted. (Use nuts that YOU like)
½ cup almonds.
½ cup pecan pieces.
½ cup walnut pieces.
½ cup pumpkin seeds.
½ cup sunflower seeds.
½ cup cashews.
½ cup dried fruit – craisins, raisins, diced prunes mix
2 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut.
½ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
¼ cup flax seed (optional)
1-2 scoops of egg white powder (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix a large dollop of coconut oil
- Maybe ½ cup (more or less depending on taste) raw unfiltered honey
- A good splash of vanilla (or other extract as desired)
- Melt it down in double boiler or microwave to blend and liquify
- Pour over nuts.
- Mix till coated.
- Taste for flavor and check for consistency, adjust as needed.
- Using a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper,
- Bake in oven at 350F for 20 min
- Check often to make sure you don’t burn it.
- Allow to cool.
- Crumble into an air tight container.
Take care to keep watch while baking, as this recipe can scorch easily. If your oven runs hot, lower the temp and check often. You might want to discard any charred bits as they get rock hard and milk won’t soften it up and you end up with a broken back tooth on the upper right side of your jaw.
(Yes, that happened to me recently. It’s ugly. I see $$$$ at the dentist coming up)