Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Recipe: Susan's Breakfast Casserole

Susan is a newer member to the Paleo Lifestyle in the Real World Face Book Page but she's been a friend for a lot of years. She's a mean cook, and she described her newest creation on the boards, which I'm sharing with you (with her permission, of course):

"This morning I found myself without a plan for breakfast, so I decided it was time to make a Breakfast Casserole for the week.

 I sautéed up:
·         an onion
·         bell pepper
·         zucchini
·         shredded sweet potato 
·         ground turkey 
 With copious amounts of:
·         cumin 
·         chili powder 
·         oregano
·         salt and pepper
 Spread it in a casserole dish and topped it off with:
·         10 eggs
·         a small can of spicy tomato sauce.
  
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 35 minutes until cooked through.
 

This is key for me as I don't wake up early enough to make breakfast each day before work. So when it comes out of the oven, I'll go ahead and cut it into 8 squares and put each one in Tupperware, so I can just grab one out of the fridge each morning as I leave the house. It's ok cold, or I can heat it up in the microwave at work.

Picture from "What's Cooking America" website.

Thanks, Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment