Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sara: Recipe - Fuax Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

A few weeks ago, a friend shared a recipe for cookies with a sunflower seed base.  As soon as I can find that recipe, I'll try to come back and update this post!  The recipe was egg free, so it was an ideal AIP (auto-immune protocol) recipe, and the cookies came out pretty tasty...but they were a complete mess.  Honey was not enough to hold those bad boys together!

I loved the flavor, though, so I decided to use that recipe as a starting point for this cookie.
And these, I must say, came out freakin' delicious.

Ingredients:
  • 1.5c sunflower seeds, roasted, unsalted
  • 1/4-1/2 c honey (depending on how sweet you want them!
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 c shredded coconut
  • 1/2 c raisins
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350.

Pour sunflower seeds into a food processor (I used my mini-prep as this isn't a big job).
Pulse until the seeds become a flour-like consistency, but stop before you get sunflower seed butter!

Should look something like this! You don't want to see many - if any - whole seeds left

Add all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well


I know you're loving the glare off my stainless bowl!


Scoop out tablespoon sized balls of dough (I actually just used a heaping soup spoon) and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.  These cookies will not rise or grow at all, so don't worry about spacing other than not letting them touch. 



Bake for 10-12 minutes, depending on the size of your cookie.
When they're starting to turn golden brown, they're done!

Cool and eat!


Another beautiful sideways picture from yours truly

My kids (and husband!) chowed down on these things. Recipe only makes 10-12 cookies, so you may want to double it as they won't last long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment