Here's a super easy chili recipe that takes almost no time to prepare, and is yummy, and makes for great leftovers to take for lunches for a few days afterwards.
Paleo/Primal Crockpot Chicken Chili
- 1lb of ground chicken, turkey, beef, or lamb
- One large onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
- Green, Red, Orange, or Yellow bell peppers chopped, to equal 1 cup
- Large can of petite diced tomatoes
- Large can of crushed tomatoes or 1 quart of homemade tomato puree
- 1-2T of honey (to cut the acid in the tomatoes)
- Chicken stock (I usually freeze my stock in ice cube trays, and I used 3 cubes = 6 tablespoons)
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- Spices: Cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste
Here's the wicked hard instructions:
- Through everything into the crockpot
- Turn on low
- Wait 8 hours.
See? I know!!!
And it really is yummy.
I topped with a pinch of mozzarella cheese and some pickled banana peppers. That makes the dish more Primal than Paleo, but it was definitely YUM!