|Crazy egg chairs that I had to share. From www.wilwheaton.tumbler.net|
I go through bouts of eggs / no eggs for breakfast. My go to when I do want eggs is scrambed with cut up chicken, chopped bell peppers, broccoli if I have it, and if I'm feeling primal instead of paleo, a pinch of Parmesan cheese.
I put out the question on our companion FB page: What do you put in your eggs? I didn't get much of a response, but here is what I did get:
- smoked ham, green peppers and sweet spanish onions
- whatever's in my fridge. The best things are usually leftovers.
- Almost anything, as long as it's topped with salsa/Shriracha!!
- I was in the mood for something sweet today so my one son made a very thin egg pancake and topped it with apple slices, a few chopped grapes and a bit of cinnamon. Then he folded it over like an egg crepe and finished cooking it. It was very good actually because without spices the egg was basically tasteless.
- I'm pretty boring with my eggs, I think. Love spinach, sausage, onions, peppers, etc. Add a little feta, Romano or Parmesan cheese.
So what do you think? Have you got a great way with eggs that you'd like to share?
For those of you that do not want to eat eggs every morning for breakfast (we all get tired of the same thing, trust me) here's 20 egg-less paleo breakfasts, a very thoughtful blog post from www.paleononpaleo.com.